Full Mission Bridge Trainer
The Full mission bridge trainer (FMBT) was a collaborative success among the U.S. Navy, Mobile Concepts, Northrup Grumman and SwiftShips. Each carried out its part of the process to produce an end product that featured the bridge of a Navy vessel with simulated navigation and operational training.
The U.S. Navy shipped us 2 empty shipping containers that needed to be repurposed to house this “mobile classroom.” Part of the repurposing included fabricating a system that would allow the 2 containers to be conjoined into one large classroom after being transported to the training site.
This highly spec-driven project was completed on the time sensitive deadline given.
- ISO shipping container modification
- Custom fabrication of conjoining system
- Custom fabrication of water-tight temporary panels
- 2 entrance doors
- 2 separate rooms
- Full perimeter wire chase
- Cable management system wall brackets
- Work counter w/task chair
- HVAC system
- Power management system
- Breaker box
- GFI protected receptacles
- Uninterrupted Power Supply system
- Structural reinforcements
- Interior lights
- Wall-mounted switch plates
- Raised coin flooring
- Installed walls & ceiling
- Custom exterior paint
- Exterior scene lights