Built on a Ford F-450 Super Cab truck frame, North Metro Atlanta’s SWAT equipment vehicle boasts specially designed compartments, drawers and a walk-able tread plate roof to accommodate an observation deck with side rails and ladder.
The towns of Sandy Springs, Dunwoody and Johns Creek, Georgia, came together to purchase the SWAT equipment vehicle also known as a rapidly deployed tactical vehicle. It is intended to house and transport the equipment and gear needed to support SWAT missions in the North Metro area as well as surrounding communities.
Command center features can be installed as needed due to the versatility of the compartments. The versatile vehicle’s rear utility-build was chosen for design flexibility and the ability to fit the customer’s equipment.
The layout is capable of housing many of the standard features found in our other command and tactical vehicles including (but not limited to) multiple workstations, LCD tvs, custom cabinets, wiring for LAN and roof-mounted night vision cameras with 355 degree viewing with remote controlled pan, tilt and zoom.
- Ford F450 Super Cab
- XL 186” WB chassis cab
- 8.4L v8 diesel engine
- 30g fuel tank
- Monoseam coil spring front suspension
- 4 wheel ABS
- 8 scene lights
- LED body lights
- walkable tread plate roof reinforced for future equipment mounting
- Black powder coat exterior
- Communication satellites and surveillance cameras to fit specifications
- Cab seats 6
- Standing height interior in rear steel body
- A/C with heat strip
- 4 interior fold-down workstations
- 12V lighting
- Interior equipment & supply shelves
- Rear bi-fold doors & step
- 6 lockable exterior storage compartments
- 2 exterior fold down workstations
- Electronics and bench seating to fit specifications