Community Outreach Vehicle
This Sprinter-Command-3WS was designed by Mobile Concepts for the James E. Van Zandt Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Altoona, Pa.
A Freightliner Sprinter 2500 received upgrades and was upfitted for the VA center to use as an Emergency Operations Command (EOC) and as a Community Outreach Vehicle (COV).
The vehicle is dispatched to assist with national, regional and local disasters, and offers an on-site communications and meeting area.
When used for outreach events, the Command tows a matching trailer to administer medical advice to current and new patients that are unable to reach the medical center on their own.
- Sprinter 2500 or 3500 cargo van
- High roof
- 170” WB extended
- 9,990 or 11,500 lb GVWR
- 3.0L Turbo Diesel BlueTEC Engine
- Back-up camera with monitor
- Onan 7kw diesel generator w/remote start & ATS
- 1- 13,500 BTU air conditioning w/ heat pump
- 10-foot awning
- Roof access ladder
- Custom graphics
- 3 workstations w/task chairs
- 2-110v, 1-12v, 2-CAT6 & 1-antenna pre-wire per workstation
- Custom overhead cabinets w/whiteboard inserts
- Non-skid raised coined floors
- 1-750w wall heater
- Duplex wall outlets